MJ's little flock

I tease but you are doing the right thing.

I was just talking to Mrs BY Bob this morning about what an odd chicken Aurora is. Such the polar opposite of her sister. She has been with me well over a year now. I cannot touch her without inducing abject terror. She is so strong and fights so hard when held that I am always fearful that I am going to hurt her. She has been this way since day 1. I have given up. I don't believe that she will ever warm to being touched. 😥

View attachment 2383964
Does she accept treats from your hand? That was the thin end of the wedge with Mary. I also exploited her brooding to gently touch her under her chin where she could see what I was doing. That might've been the breakthrough.

Bring them on. I'm even feistier today. Yesterday was not what it was supposed to be and my attitude is not better.

People better buckle up today.
Hmmm... Let me see. I usually don't have any problems saying things that are a bit wonky. So I could just do a normal Saturday and trust my innate silliness will provide. Or I could try to come up with a plan...

I tease but you are doing the right thing.

I was just talking to Mrs BY Bob this morning about what an odd chicken Aurora is. Such the polar opposite of her sister. She has been with me well over a year now. I cannot touch her without inducing abject terror. She is so strong and fights so hard when held that I am always fearful that I am going to hurt her. She has been this way since day 1. I have given up. I don't believe that she will ever warm to being touched. 😥

View attachment 2383964
That's a good shot of her Bob. I'm slowly getting used to the idea of bearded hens.

Back
Top Bottom