MJ's little flock

The peacherine is the lucky recipient of a cuddle puddle
šŸ„°šŸŒ³

IMG_20201024_102856.jpg

Does she accept treats from your hand? That was the thin end of the wedge with Mary. I also exploited her brooding to gently touch her under her chin where she could see what I was doing. That might've been the breakthrough.
Aurora's love of food knows no bounds. She will eat from my hand, steal food from me, and comes around me all the time. But if I try to touch her with my other hand while she is eating from my other hand she panicks and flaps away. She darts in and out to get food but only stays in touching range when there is food.

It is also hard to work with her now that there are 5 others, especially Sydney. Sydney is not afraid to be touched and will muscle in on any food scenario. Sometimes even crawling over me to get to it. Hattie is also someone motivated by food and no longer afraid or angry with me. It is hard to work one on one with a sunglasses hen with so many other ravenous half starved hens. šŸ˜†

The only thing that ever calmed Aurora was Maleficent.
20201024_081120.jpg

The chickens roamed all the way to the brush pile yesterday, further than they'd ever been before. Evdently, it was worth the effort because they were fascinated and kept busy for at least three hours.
Ooooo, new favorite spot added! The brush pile is a favorite of mine. I should burn it up every year but between them enjoying it and the rabbits.....:idunno

Back
Top Bottom