MJ's little flock

Iced drinking water helps to cool them. I have been known to do that. Damp ground works too. If you can hose down where the dustbathing occurs that can help using the same evaporative cooling principle.
And in case anyone is curious, turning the hose on the chickens themselves definitely does not work.

Iced drinking water helps to cool them. I have been known to do that. Damp ground works too. If you can hose down where the dustbathing occurs that can help using the same evaporative cooling principle.
On a hot day, Janet makes a beeline for any wet patch of soil and immediately lies down for a dust bath.

Hydration is important too, and if the hens find warm water unpleasant, ice cubes will chill the water (same reaction as in misting). Maybe it helps the hens stay hydrated, even if it's not actually cooling them down.

Rats. I forgot to take a breakfast photo again 🤦‍♀️

There was the usual pile of scrambled eggs (Ivy's) on toast.

IMG20201128091710.jpg

Back
Top Bottom