MJ's little flock

Nora, for one, has no time for trash talk about EEs.
A56A8A75-C04C-49AD-B3DE-AE1FE61CF886.jpeg

MJ: Day 1 done & dusted. We are expecting pics... ;)
Hmmm welllll they weren't here long and only dug the post holes. I had been told the posts would be up today but that's ok, I prefer slow progress as it gives me more time to think.

IMG20210104162701.jpg

There are a few tools strewn about though.

IMG20210104162704.jpg

And we've agreed they're going to paint it too, which I'm very happy about.

Shad, did you ever seen the Russian experiment into the domestication of Black Foxes? I think, from memory, they were trying to see how domestication of wild dogs first occurred. They were breeding for just one trait: friendliness/human approachability. All the non friendly foxes were culled. What happened, which is fascinating in & of itself, is that spontaneous mutations started happening, long wavy tails, spotted coats, short curly tails, snout changes, size & shape of the fox all began to change. It is worth noting they were breeding for friendliness alone ~ so it doesn't seem improbable to me that the same thing is possible in chickens. They did it with the ragdoll cats too ~ & possibly other things I'm not aware of. Just a thought. I'm not a scientist so I probably missed something but it has always stuck with me because it was such an obvious sort of experiment with quite bizarre results.
I've read about that experiment too. It's been going since the 1950s if I recall. They also had some foxes with floppy ears too.

I've read about that experiment too. It's been going since the 1950s if I recall. They also had some foxes with floppy ears too.

Yep, all sorts of strange mutations. Quite odd in many, many ways, especially given they weren't breeding for those other things & there was nothing to suggest foxes carried the genetics for those changes.
CHICKEN TAX.
20200919_140613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom