MJ's little flock

That’s true, although I have two natives in my run that are doing well. They could still be planted outside the run but near the perimeter, on the up hill side to avoid runoff, to provide shade.
The large plants in my run that the chooks like to hide under are my Bay Tree (might be a bit big for your yard MJ) and my Chinese Lantern (Abutilon sp). I expect Mediterranean plants would do well in your soil and climate. Don’t forget the herbs! Lozzy is right about the wormwoods. Mine is growing really well right up against the run wire.
Wormwood copes well.
Thank you so much for these suggestions! What other plants can be used?

Out of curiosity, which natives are doing well? I have some Lomandra they've managed not to kill & the trees are coping. Anything else, even outside the pen, hasn't coped.
I haven't planted any yet ribh, but what I could do is take my list to the plant nursery and ask the staff which ones tolerate chicken poo the best. What do you think of that plan?

I haven't planted any yet ribh, but what I could do is take my list to the plant nursery and ask the staff which ones tolerate chicken poo the best. What do you think of that plan?

Sorry MJ. Not quite awake yet. My query was for @Aussie-Chookmum .

However I think your idea to ask @ the nursery is a good one if they have knowledgeable staff.

Back
Top Bottom