MJ's little flock

In case it's the massages making the difference, I'd continue too. And is she still receiving pain relief?
No. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. She was getting Metacam but not so much for pain but more for it's anti inflammatory properties.
I prefer whenever possible not to give drugs. Metacam in particular is quite powerful and not recommended as a long term solution to pain.
As you know, there is some difficult topology here; steep banks and unstable ground. I've watched Fat Bird negotiate areas I have to bum shuffle down. She has the strength to make the jump up and down to the main roost in the tribes coop and the house nest box. Mainly she gets tired but I would expect this at her age.
Here she is investigating the duck shed as I clean it out.
P4080907.JPG

No. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. She was getting Metacam but not so much for pain but more for it's anti inflammatory properties.
I prefer whenever possible not to give drugs. Metacam in particular is quite powerful and not recommended as a long term solution to pain.
As you know, there is some difficult topology here; steep banks and unstable ground. I've watched Fat Bird negotiate areas I have to bum shuffle down. She has the strength to make the jump up and down to the main roost in the tribes coop and the house nest box. Mainly she gets tired but I would expect this at her age.
Here she is investigating the duck shed as I clean it out.
View attachment 2615270
She's a credit to you Shad, doing so well after a big crisis.

Back
Top Bottom