MJ's little flock

When I took Maggie to the vet I used a cat carrier and I was worried she would panic or be unhappy. I put a lot of wood shavings in and she snuggled into them and was completely calm and quite interested in what was going on. She did better than any of the cats do!
In my experience, chickens ride better in the car than cats by far. They just sit in your lap or the carrier. No complaining. They seem to love just watching the world go by.

Thank you friends! It was easy to see she was not comfy. And the suspension of laying was a bit of a giveaway in Janet's case. 3-4 eggs a week for two years, then nothing? That couldn't be right.
That was really good the way you picked up on that.
I check my girls out every day looking for anything that isn’t quite right. But I still lost a chicken to “sudden death” last month (I posted about Dorothy, one of my Welsummers) and it left me wondering if I missed signals.
Birds are a lot different than dogs and cats.

When I took Maggie to the vet I used a cat carrier and I was worried she would panic or be unhappy. I put a lot of wood shavings in and she snuggled into them and was completely calm and quite interested in what was going on. She did better than any of the cats do!
I use a cat carrier to transport chickens too. They don’t seem to mind it at all. Maybe they feel protected in there.

On top of everything else, poor old darling has almost no tail left today.

Screenshot_2021-04-23-17-32-19-44.png

Back
Top Bottom