MJ's little flock

New old teacup breakfast snap!

IMG20210424094023.jpg

It's very handy for trips to vet and the lining is easily cleaned. Both Sandy and Janet seemed to enjoy having one side open. They ride along, looking here and there, beaks closed, no panting, just curiosity.
It is so adorable!
I just imagine pulling up next to you at the lights and seeing them in it, it would make my day!
I did see an older lady walking out of the feed store the other week with a silkie in her handbag 😂

I must have missed something. What do you and @Shadrach do to take a chicken off the roost? I assume that is what you are talking about.
If I remember correctly it was a bit like getting a budgie to perch on your finger except you do it from the back. Put your hand like a perch under their bum and lift up slowly and they step back onto it (sometimes).

This was how I transported Edwina to the coop after dark when Tsuki was playing Gandfalf at the coop door.
PXL_20201007_082633859(3).jpg

It's a fresh but dry morning in Adelaide so I'm rugged up in a thick winter jumper over my pjs and having a tea in the funrun. The hens have grouped up to my left and are having a preening party. The gentle clacking of their beaks is the perfect music to accompany some lazy time.

View attachment 2631947
I love that sound.

Back
Top Bottom