MJ's little flock

I've been looking at small portable/battery powered air conditioning units to potentially put in the girls' coop and/or run when it gets into the 90's & 100's here in Eastern Washington. Does anyone have any experience and/or recommendations about them? It's hard to cut through the "breathless" marketing language online.

I've been looking at small portable/battery powered air conditioning units to potentially put in the girls' coop and/or run when it gets into the 90's & 100's here in Eastern Washington. Does anyone have any experience and/or recommendations about them? It's hard to cut through the "breathless" marketing language online.
Sorry, no. I live in Australia. But @RoyalChick or @BY Bob or @rjohns39 or @Grammy60 might have looked into it, or know someone who has.

Sorry, no idea - never looked into it. Mine have shade and a nice cross-breeze if there is any wind. I also fill rubber feed bowls with ice which they like to peck at.

IMG20210514165934.jpg

Dinner time!

Remember that Bond film where the villain wanted to drop Bond into the shark pool?

Imagine if it was a henhouse... The floor slides back, little faces look up inquisitively and blink-blink.

I shall push you into the chickens Mr Bond.

Bond says, Yay! I would love that :love😘😍🥰🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔

Good evening MJ and everyone 😴😊

We use regular fans when we need extra air circulation for our chickens.

Good evening folks :frow

You might want to consider something like this: https://www.amazon.com/RYOBI-18-Vol...t=&hvlocphy=9013692&hvtargid=pla-907201546781

The brand name we have is Arctic Cove, but that doesn't seem to be available anymore and the ryobi looks just like it with different colors. Also consider soda bottles filled with water and frozen to put in their water bowls.

Sorry, no. I live in Australia. But @RoyalChick or @BY Bob or @rjohns39 or @Grammy60 might have looked into it, or know someone who has.
MJ says her misting system is pretty good at keeping the hens cool.

What do you think @MaryJanet ? Could we have a little tour of your system please?

Back
Top Bottom