MJ's little flock

Thanks for the info about your misting system. We're going to give that a try!
Oh good! There's no need for the hens to get wet because as the mist evaporates, it uses up the heat in the immediate area, lowering the air temperature. The chickens stay cooler iif they're dry.

I hope it works as well for you as it has done for me! Do you live in a dry climate?

Last edited:
We have had lovely weather for the last couple of days.

The Bay tree that I set up the chicken coop next to has been sending up shoots under the coop. :barnie I spent a large part of yesterday moving the coop 4 feet to the left and putting it on an angle.

I think it looks rather good, even if it does confuse the girls a bit. 😆
PXL_20210517_041553125.jpg

You can see the cinder blocks that it used to be on behind it.

Oh good! There's no need for the hens to get wet because as the mist evaporates, it uses up the heat in the immediate area, lowering the air temperature. The chickens stay cooler iif they're dry.

I hope it works as well for you as it has done for me! Do you live in a dry climate?
Yes we do. We're on the dry eastern side of the Cascade mountains in Washington state and spring & summer temps are routinely over 80 degrees F, and often in the high 90's. We put up a mister line yesterday and the temp dropped about 20 degrees directly under it. Thank you again!

Yes we do. We're on the dry eastern side of the Cascade mountains in Washington state and spring & summer temps are routinely over 80 degrees F, and often in the high 90's. We put up a mister line yesterday and the temp dropped about 20 degrees directly under it. Thank you again!
Fantastic! I'm so happy for you and your chickens!

We have had lovely weather for the last couple of days.

The Bay tree that I set up the chicken coop next to has been sending up shoots under the coop. :barnie I spent a large part of yesterday moving the coop 4 feet to the left and putting it on an angle.

I think it looks rather good, even if it does confuse the girls a bit. 😆
View attachment 2673451
You can see the cinder blocks that it used to be on behind it.
I does look good! Although the hens must feel like they're living in an Escher painting 😆. Is that the home made new coop?

Back
Top Bottom