MJ's little flock

Hi Grammy :frow how's your Sunday going?

It's a public holiday where I live and I'm off to a family shindig at my cousin's new house, which is a 90 minutes drive away in the outskirts of a country town. Can't wait too see her new place!
I thought you'd been overly quiet. ;) I hope you had a lovely time.

I thought you'd been overly quiet. ;) I hope you had a lovely time.
We all did! It's a beautiful big house on a couple of acres and they put on a lovely BBQ. 3 hours in the car (there and back) were not fun though. I'm not sure her partner loves it as much as she does, but they had to go that far out to get what they wanted for the budget.

We all did! It's a beautiful big house on a couple of acres and they put on a lovely BBQ. 3 hours in the car (there and back) were not fun though. I'm not sure her partner loves it as much as she does, but they had to go that far out to get what they wanted for the budget.
I'm glad you had so much fun. :thumbsup

I'm glad you had so much fun. :thumbsup
It was delightful! Two of the children were there, so we all had lots of cuddles and play :D Frankie ran and ran and ran. I don't think he's ever been in such a huge, safe place 🥰

They're thinking of getting hens one day. There's a rooster somewhere nearby, which they love to hear. So I said they should find out who he belongs to and try to get some of his daughters. I was thinking there might be good microbiological reasons to adopt pullets accustomed to that soil, which is rich, river flat soil. Also there's no harm in telling a neighbour you love to hear their rooster crow!

Last edited:
It was delightful! Two of the children were there, so we all had lots of cuddles and play :D Frankie ran and ran and ran. I don't think he's ever been in such a huge, safe place 🥰

They're thinking of getting hens one day. There's a rooster somewhere nearby, which they love to hear. So I said they should find out who he belongs to and try to get some of his daughters. I was thinking there might be good microbiological reasons to adopt pullets accustomed to that soil, which is rich, river flat soil. Also there's no harm in telling a neighbour you love to hear their rooster crow!
That's good thinking, MJ. I expect you're quite right about the chickens coming already acclimatised.

It's food for thought, isn't it.
Good food. And on point. I've bought birds from 3 different locations around Brissie with 3 different climates & they've all had to adjust to a totally coastal climate. They grow to love it but when they first smell the sea you can see them wondering What have we here?

That really is good advice. What a helpful relative you are. 😉

We had a photo shoot with a little tinge of 'product placement'

IMG_2021-06-15-16-32-32-584.jpg

Cue voiceover ... when only the crunchiest will do, serve Mission chips ... Me serb dem at mi partees n yum-yum.

Back
Top Bottom