MJ's little flock

We had a photo shoot with a little tinge of 'product placement'

View attachment 2719176

Cue voiceover ... when only the crunchiest will do, serve Mission chips ... Me serb dem at mi partees n yum-yum.
She is an influencer with global reach. Of course she should have sponsors!

It was delightful! Two of the children were there, so we all had lots of cuddles and play :D Frankie ran and ran and ran. I don't think he's ever been in such a huge, safe place 🥰

They're thinking of getting hens one day. There's a rooster somewhere nearby, which they love to hear. So I said they should find out who he belongs to and try to get some of his daughters. I was thinking there might be good microbiological reasons to adopt pullets accustomed to that soil, which is rich, river flat soil. Also there's no harm in telling a neighbour you love to hear their rooster crow!
I was so relieved when one of my neighbors said she liked hearing my chickens, I am always worried, especially when they get into screaming moods in the early morning.
I think Rosie is as loud or louder than any rooster!

The mood is rather elevated under the pergola today. Mary caught a large cockroach and everybody noticed! She ran off with it in her beak, up the driveway, pursued by Peggy and Janet. Janet gave up first, then Mary looped around the car and back to the pergola, head up, legs pumping, feet going thump thump thump thump thump (she's a heavy hen), cockroach held aloft, Peggy trailing behind! I assisted by preventing her friends from approaching her and while my back was momentarily turned, she gulped it down. When I looked back there was only one cockroach leg left and then that was gone too. She's still vocalising her joy :love 🥰
I still remember the time Lucy caught a frog, it was hilarious! (Poor frog though! He helped to nourish a new frangipani).

We had a photo shoot with a little tinge of 'product placement'

View attachment 2719176

Cue voiceover ... when only the crunchiest will do, serve Mission chips ... Me serb dem at mi partees n yum-yum.
I was just snacking on Mission chips. They are my favorites.

She certainly could move product. 🥰

I was so relieved when one of my neighbors said she liked hearing my chickens, I am always worried, especially when they get into screaming moods in the early morning.
It is reassuring, isn't it. I worry too. Everyone has been bokking crazy lately.

She is an influencer with global reach. Of course she should have sponsors!
And she's honest because she does actually find those chips utterly delicious. Not that she gets to eat them very often, only when I've finished a packet and that's maybe once a month, I toss out the crumbs for the hens.

It's very comforting when the neighbours are relaxed.

I've had my thoughts on Appenzeller Spitzhauben eggs for when Ivy goes broody again but they tend to be noisy, squawking like tropical parrots. I need to follow up on this clue and discover if it's hereditary or conditioning.

I was just snacking on Mission chips. They are my favorites.

She certainly could move product. 🥰
She's already very accomplished at moving product into her tummy. All she has to do is convince her friends to share her enthusiasm.

I'm not so sure because we've had enough liver problems at my house already. I wouldn't want other hens taking up a mission chips obsession.

Back
Top Bottom