MJ's little flock

It's windy today and an empty snail shell is being blown along the concrete. It sounds like a tinkling bell.

Blossom is on high alert because she thinks there's a phantom cat lurking by the back door.

IMG_2021-09-20-07-26-36-048.jpg

She really wants to hatch a clutch! Can you give her some fertile eggs?
I have thought about it, but now is not the time. It's fall here now with temperatures getting down to freezing most nights. We could get snow anytime.
I am also slightly hesitant to let my broodies hatch because my husband is dead set against cockerels and I would almost certainly get at least one!
Maybe I can try to let one of them adopt sexed chicks sometime. We don't have stores here with day old chicks like many on BYC, so it takes a bit of planning.

I have thought about it, but now is not the time. It's fall here now with temperatures getting down to freezing most nights. We could get snow anytime.
I am also slightly hesitant to let my broodies hatch because my husband is dead set against cockerels and I would almost certainly get at least one!
Maybe I can try to let one of them adopt sexed chicks sometime. We don't have stores here with day old chicks like many on BYC, so it takes a bit of planning.
Chickening can be rather complex sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom