MJ's little flock

When it happened at our house we were all outside for some reason or other (husband, housemate and I,) when all the sudden there were tons of insects everywhere. All kinds of bugs of every kind, then we heard the buzzing and saw bees and more bees until the whole middle of the tree was covered. I guess they drove everyone else out at least temporarily. We just stood there at watched stunned. Took 15-20 min. They moved into the hollow and lived there until the tree broke years later.
Just amazing stories. Makes me want to witness one even more. I love bees. I think they are fascinating.

Mary's spurs appear to have grown since I last looked.

IMG_2021-10-21-17-39-53-242.jpg

Excuse the head of lettuce. It's a one-time thing to help her feel happy about being off the nest.

Good morning.

It's feeling really cold here this morning, it's as if frost and snow will be here soon

Have a good day everyone :)
It's been a lovely Thursday here. I'm starting to look forward to dinner :) do you have a busy day planned?

What food is she having, amber is badly off her food today :(

View attachment 2873369
The hens eat what their vet suggests: 15% protein pellets, turned into a mash by adding water, with the additional supplements for hens with hepatic lipidosis.

Sometimes they don't eat. Has she had plenty of chicken pellets/mash lately?
No, not this morning but I've given her antibiotic a natural one, every hour with distilled water then inbetween watered down goat yogurt.
I've put some mixed salad leaves in that are grown locally with a few seeds on top, she's just started on these seeds and picking up. Yogurt water again in 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom