MJ's little flock

I need to nap for sure. Luckily, I am much improved today. Looks like I will survive it.
Good to hear that you are on the road to recovery Bob. 👍

Take it easy won't you though? You are still a convalescent. Own that role as if you were a nineteenth century lady!

1642483892853.png

The mums.

View attachment 2963343

I may have made a mistake. I put the chick starter in the little coop so the mums could get used to it.

They got used to it alright! They've eaten 4-5 handfuls of it! I was wondering why I hadn't seen or heard them off the nest today.

So I've brought it back inside for the time being.
Any idea how they are covering the eggs? Are they all under one girl and they tag team when it's time for food? Or do they have an egg (and a half) each?

Any idea how they are covering the eggs? Are they all under one girl and they tag team when it's time for food? Or do they have an egg (and a half) each?
They seem to be tag teaming. It's all very cooperative and peaceful.

Hopefully it'll stay that way.

If they are co-sitting when the chicks hatch what will happen do you think?
Will they fight over them or co-parent? Having 2 hens looking out for the babies would surely be an advantage.

Edit
SHRA tax
Baby Alice
View attachment 2964377

Baby Edwina
View attachment 2964378
I'm hopeful it will be ok. Perhaps Peggy will want to be a single mother? I'm sure Ivy will find a way to be involved if she wants to.

Sure! Here they are! View attachment 2964194This is Disco, he is my 9 month old BA rooster. He is the best rooster I could have asked for, he is very loyal to his girls and protects them fiercely. He is very friendly and will just sit in your arms and you can touch and pet him all over!View attachment 2964197 There’s Disco again, as well as Dawn. Dawn is a 9 month old Black Australorp hen. She is very high in the pecking order and a very loyal layer. She is friendly and fairly calm. She loves Disco and is inseparable from him!View attachment 2964204This is Star, she is also a 9 month old Black Australorp hen. Unfortunately, the only picture I could find of her from when she was 4 months old. Just like Dawn, she is inseparable from Disco. She is very sweet and laid back. She gets along great with the other hens.
They are beautiful. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom