MJ's little flock

I've installed a new app called sun alarm. It does what it says on the label and you can set the alarm to go off a specified length of time before or after a sun event, eg an hour before dawn or two hours after sunset.

My thinking is that I may have to switch the hens over to breakfast mashes if a new employer can't tolerate flexible hours. So an hour pre-dawn wake up might be handy.

It even has a crowing rooster on its icon :) thought I'd tell you about it in case you need something similar.

Janet's feathers have carpetted the coop.

IMG_2022-05-16-17-04-12-038.jpg

@LozzyR how is the new coop going now? Have the gens settled into it a little more?
I’ve actually put in a new roost for Tegan. It’s lower and wider than the other two, at right angles and out of the way so she doesn’t get pooed on. I’m still having to put her on there, but she can get down. I still have to tuck them in at night as sometimes the floofs are on the shelf and will make a mess.

I’ve actually put in a new roost for Tegan. It’s lower and wider than the other two, at right angles and out of the way so she doesn’t get pooed on. I’m still having to put her on there, but she can get down. I still have to tuck them in at night as sometimes the floofs are on the shelf and will make a mess.
Oh! That's a big improvement from last time! Awesome.

That sounds like a great idea. Would love to see a picture when you have a minute

Back
Top Bottom