MJ's little flock

I’ve actually put in a new roost for Tegan. It’s lower and wider than the other two, at right angles and out of the way so she doesn’t get pooed on. I’m still having to put her on there, but she can get down. I still have to tuck them in at night as sometimes the floofs are on the shelf and will make a mess.
And are the floofs doing ok on their new coccidiosis treatment?

Really? Are they moulting? For some reason I thought you were in the US and it's not moulting season over there.
No. I had 3 bearded silkies at the time when it was really bad. I dunno, they just had a lot of fluff i guess. Its not as bad now because i just have 1, but still. (They all looked the same the next day)

No. I had 3 bearded silkies at the time when it was really bad. I dunno, they just had a lot of fluff i guess. Its not as bad now because i just have 1, but still. (They all looked the same the next day)
Do Silkies shed all the time like cats and dogs or do they molt like other chickens?

Three birds will drop more feathers than one. I was pretty sure Janet's moult was a little hectic but when you laughed and said it didn't compare to your own experience, I thought maybe I had been exaggerating it!

Three birds will drop more feathers than one. I was pretty sure Janet's moult was a little hectic but when you laughed and said it didn't compare to your own experience, I thought maybe I had been exaggerating it!
Oh no! You definitely aren’t. Mine was covered like yours when i first had 3, its become less of a problem now. (Because i just have one) Sorry i gave that impression!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom