MJ's little flock

It is wonderful that they trust you so. Great job with them. :thumbsup
Thanks mate! I'm not sure how it happened. I guess they finally agreed that I really am kind and reliable.
Funny you should post that. I think I have a pair of those but the points are quite sharp which would worry me.
What about those clippers for cats’ claws?
I've never used cat claw clippers. Next time I'm in the pet supplies shop, I'll take a close look at a pair.

Thanks mate! I'm not sure how it happened. I guess they finally agreed that I really am kind and reliable.

I've never used cat claw clippers. Next time I'm in the pet supplies shop, I'll take a close look at a pair.
These are the ones I ‘use’. Well I would use them if the little monsters let me!
It has a little guard to stop you cutting too much that would be unhelpful in the chicken situation. But as you can see from the last photo, it just swings out of the way (it is the round thing in the right).

C00E4EEF-999D-4A20-8010-691AB304A33D.jpeg
BEAE843F-2AA9-460C-9411-DE319276110A.jpeg
46ECE566-B822-4C07-B621-C628EA393C6F.jpeg

The toenail ones have too much of a point for me but I am clipping right next to the eye. For the bum they may be pretty good. Gucci now closes her eye for me when the scissors get close but if she were to wiggle the point on those could be very dangerous.

I have cat type nail clippers as well. I have not tried them but may. The thing I am most worried about is having to get the feather shaft into the small cut area. I don't have a lot of time before Gucci moves. She does close her eye now and stay still for a moment when the scissors arrive.

The toenail ones have too much of a point for me but I am clipping right next to the eye. For the bum they may be pretty good. Gucci now closes her eye for me when the scissors get close but if she were to wiggle the point on those could be very dangerous.

I have cat type nail clippers as well. I have not tried them but may. The thing I am most worried about is having to get the feather shaft into the small cut area. I don't have a lot of time before Gucci moves. She does close her eye now and stay still for a moment when the scissors arrive.
I think we're definitely on the right track with short blades. We may need different scissors for different types of feathers. I'm thinking the cat claw clippers would be just right for clipping cakes of poop off but tricky for tiny head feathers.

I think we're definitely on the right track with short blades. We may need different scissors for different types of feathers. I'm thinking the cat claw clippers would be just right for clipping cakes of poop off but tricky for tiny head feathers.
One good thing about the cat claw clippers in my photo is that because the cutting zone is sort of round there is some wiggle room for movement with the feather/claw still staying within the target zone.
The biggest plus though is there is no sharp pointy end - so an accidental poke would just be like a nudge. No damage.

I think you have something there. The right tool for the job kind of thing.

One good thing about the cat claw clippers in my photo is that because the cutting zone is sort of round there is some wiggle room for movement with the feather/claw still staying within the target zone.
The biggest plus though is there is no sharp pointy end - so an accidental poke would just be like a nudge. No damage.
I agree. Sharpness becomes another question. They should be sharp enough but until we try you can't be certain.

The one time i have trimmed i used garden snips.
I have a pair of secateurs with curved blades but they're both pointy and the blades are long. And also rather blunt. I should get a decent pair.

I'm not well equipped in terms of gardening gear.

Back
Top Bottom