MJ's little flock

I got through the book and I'm glad I read it but I wish I hadn't lost a weekend for it. I now have the last two pages of a student's laboured conference paper to closely read and correct before we meet later today, tonight's book discussion, and the very last chapter of a thesis I'm examining to read tomorrow morning before writing my report and getting on with teaching tomorrow afternoon. A board meeting tomorrow evening. A weird talk to the nation's accountants before breakfast Wednesday morning, two formal inquiries with cheating students Wednesday afternoon, and another weird talk to absurdly wealthy school kids Thursday morning (tried to say no to that one but they rejigged their schedule to fit me in, so I'm stuck with it). Then a lecture Friday. And the preparation and planning those talks suggest. While responding to the customary few hundred emails and participating in a few meetings. Hey ho. Better get out of bed I guess or I'll never get through it all.

hmmm It's a good week to practice mindfulness and to improve my self care.
That is more than my typical week. Yikes!

I do have my first panel discussion ever coming up in a few weeks and I am furiously prepping for that so I don't look like a fool. It's at a conference of CFOs. Not my usual crowd for certain. Money people.

Work whining tax
20220814_173134.jpg

Hattie is now "in the weeds". I hope I don't go there during my panel discussion.

I do have my first panel discussion ever coming up in a few weeks and I am furiously prepping for that so I don't look like a fool. It's at a conference of CFOs. Not my usual crowd for certain. Money people.

Work whining tax
View attachment 3223237

Hattie is now "in the weeds". I hope I don't go there during my panel discussion.
I forgot to mention the week's most important commitment. So I must've been lost in the weeds too.

A very dear mentor of mine has died and her funeral is Friday afternoon. With a very light touch, she guided the development of my teaching abilities and showed me the importance of keeping one eye on pedagogical developments, the other on what thinking students were bringing to class. Together we won a national teaching award for engaging students in transnational teamwork with real clients, something I remain very proud of.

I forgot to mention the week's most important commitment. So I must've been lost in the weeds too.

A very dear mentor of mine has died and her funeral is Friday afternoon. With a very light touch, she guided the development of my teaching abilities and showed me the importance of keeping one eye on pedagogical developments, the other on what thinking students were bringing to class. Together we won a national teaching award for engaging students in transnational teamwork with real clients, something I remain very proud of.
She sounds like a great mentor and friend, I am so sorry you lost her and I am sure it is important that you honor her at her funeral.
:hugs

I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure she leaves a hole but I hope that you will be able to celebrate your time together and remember the good you did together. :hugs :hugs

I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure she leaves a hole but I hope that you will be able to celebrate your time together and remember the good you did together. :hugs :hugs
I expect there will be many more like myself there to relate to. And I look forward to speaking some kind words to her husband.

Work whining tax
View attachment 3223237

Will you be on the panel or facing the panel?

A worthy commitment indeed. :hugs

Good evening folks :frow

So sorry for your loss :hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom