MJ's little flock

I love the wheels!

You could fit wheels to a dog crate reasonably easily - but I am not sure that would help with the getting in and out issue.

Although cat carriers work well for me for the chickens, I have issues with them when transporting cats.

So I use a cat carrier like this - I think it might work for you.

View attachment 3272877

Mine isn't that big and has leather straps - but it is basically the same thing. Easy to get your hand in the top and close the lid quickly before anyone gets ideas about wandering off. But everyone can hop out on their own when we get home.
You know this sort of basket would be excellent for Blossom too. She has a terror of cat carriers.

You know this sort of basket would be excellent for Blossom too. She has a terror of cat carriers.
Honestly they are life changing.
I don't know how anyone gets cats to go in the standard cat carrier design. Mine spread out all four feet and push out against the entrance. With these baskets I can pick them up and carry them we have a chat and a cuddle and I put them gently in and then very fast slam the lid down on them.
Actually I sometimes leave them around the house open (they aren't bad looking!) and I have sometimes spotted a cat go in voluntarily.
Cannot recommend strongly enough.
Also, wicker is very forgiving. If it gets soiled you can hose it down with water and just let it dry in the sun.

I use the dog crate because the cats hate the cat crate. Mine like to see out and even though it is super sized Éowyn seems squooshed in the cat carrier.

Honestly they are life changing.
I don't know how anyone gets cats to go in the standard cat carrier design. Mine spread out all four feet and push out against the entrance. With these baskets I can pick them up and carry them we have a chat and a cuddle and I put them gently in and then very fast slam the lid down on them.
Actually I sometimes leave them around the house open (they aren't bad looking!) and I have sometimes spotted a cat go in voluntarily.
Cannot recommend strongly enough.
Also, wicker is very forgiving. If it gets soiled you can hose it down with water and just let it dry in the sun.
I'm thinking I could put the smaller of Blossom's heated mattresses in there so she gets used to using the basket as a bed. I could even close the lid every evening to get her used to the cosy feeling. Then, when there's an appointment, lock the lid.

I snapped a photo of Mary's tooshi. Looks like she's sprouting some new feathers.

IMG_2022-09-27-17-41-40-760.jpg

Back
Top Bottom