MJ's little flock

The pullets stayed in their sleepout until mid-afternoon when Aunt Peggy roused them and sent them outside to play.

They're coming gradually closer to the big hens, which is nice, and almost made friends with Mary who has been off the nest all day. Peggy rushed over to say Hiiiii to Mary after laying her egg and Mary mistook it for an attack and went running! Darling hens :love

The pullets said, hey, why's our climbing thingy out here? And why's it tipped over??

IMG_2022-12-02-19-11-18-079.jpg

Then they put themselves to bed early. They'll get a surprise when it's time to roost because I reconfigured their space to discourage overnight cuddle puddles and encourage grown up roosting.

Mary also put herself to bed early. She's a dear old lady, I'm so glad she's part of life again instead of sitting on her hopeless eggs.

IMG_2022-12-02-19-37-04-303.jpg

Last edited:
It's going to be misting weather today. 33C. That's completely unacceptable for the river chickens in the stuffy laundry with nothing but a small fan. Mark said they're healthy. Also, they're adults so if they had MG symptoms, it would've been apparent when Mark looked at them.

So I've let them out into LBDT territory where they can find shade.

The first order of business was a thorough dust bath for both hens. Poor things would've been desperate.

IMG_2022-12-03-08-00-42-675.jpg

Last edited:
The pullets stayed in their sleepout until mid-afternoon when Aunt Peggy roused them and sent them outside to play.

They're coming gradually closer to the big hens, which is nice, and almost made friends with Mary who has been off the nest all day. Peggy rushed over to say Hiiiii to Mary after laying her egg and Mary mistook it for an attack and went running! Darling hens :love

The pullets said, hey, why's our climbing thingy out here? And why's it tipped over??

View attachment 3338857

Then they put themselves to bed early. They'll get a surprise when it's time to roost because I reconfigured their space to discourage overnight cuddle puddles and encourage grown up roosting.

Mary also put herself to bed early. She's a dear old lady, I'm so glad she's part of life again instead of sitting on her hopeless eggs.

View attachment 3338861
Oooh - another polished chicken. Look at that green!! ❤️❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom