MJ's little flock

One of my hens, Chicky-Pie, has laid eggs that look like that.
I don't think there is anything wrong with her, and all hens can get the odd egg sometimes.
Unless there is a lot of odd ones, I would not worry about it.
Every 5 or 6 of Christa's eggs is misshapen in some way, but this was the first crumpled one.

I'll feel a lot better with a closed flock. But it's a long way off, I might change my mind before then.

How's your coop build with your Dad going?

Every 5 or 6 of Christa's eggs is misshapen in some way, but this was the first crumpled one.
I see.
Even then it could be something genetic, but maybe not...
How's your coop build with your Dad going?
No progress yet, he has been a bit busy.
Its more just him who will be doing it; I have offered to help in the past and it didn't go very well....

One of my hens, Chicky-Pie, has laid eggs that look like that.
I don't think there is anything wrong with her, and all hens can get the odd egg sometimes.
Unless there is a lot of odd ones, I would not worry about it.
I completely agree and I'm sorry if my post made it sound any other way. I think the information that links IB to wrinkled eggs means that hens that have it lay wrinkled eggs, but definitely not that every hens that lay a wrinkled egg has IB.
We discussed this before I think, but most of my ex-batts lay strange eggs quite regularly. I think it also comes with the fact that they didn't take laying break in winter. The two that took a two months break this year have their eggs looking much more normal now than they did before.
You've stirred so many memories of what is was like to work with my dad! :gig
Working with my partner 😄.

I wish Christa laid smaller eggs.

It seems ridiculous that such a tiny hen lays such big eggs, when big Edie (she's bigger than the red marauders now and filling out sideways) lays tiny little bantam eggs, so small she mistakes them for poops!
Léa is also laying small eggs for her size (she began in December) and I was told by at least two people that sometimes it takes a few months for new layers to reach their regular egg size ?

Léa is also laying small eggs for her size (she began in December) and I was told by at least two people that sometimes it takes a few months for new layers to reach their regular egg size ?
They can keep getting bigger up to a year of age.
Mine definitely take few mouths normally, but like anything with chickens, they all have their own interpretations of 'the hens laying handbook'!

Back
Top Bottom