MJ's little flock

The point comes out last. It's first in the oviduct but the egg is most often thought to turn around before coming out , although apparently there are some contradicting point of views.

Regular laying of wrinkled egg is also supposed to be associated with stress or IB. My hen Caramel used to lay eggs like this very often even when she was very young, I don't know if it has any correlation to her dying of EYP. If it's just once in a while and most of her eggs are normal I wouldn't worry for Christa.
I agree with this assessment. 😊

Yes, I would not come to that conclusion yet, but IB is a distinct possibility. Maybe have her swabbed by Dr. Mark at some point?
Maybe. To be honest I'm not worried about it. She's a layer, so she's the product of thousands of generations of selective breeding for nothing but eggs and not eating much, so it's no wonder her reproductive system is not great. And she's 2, which is quite old for that type of chicken. If she were a human, she'd be almost post-menopausal.

Her attitude is bright and strong, so I'm assuming there's not much else wrong with her.

Anyway, here's another of Edie's eggs laying right where she dropped it, at the laundry door.

IMG_2023-02-08-19-35-57-358.jpg

Maybe. To be honest I'm not worried about it. She's a layer, so she's the product of thousands of generations of selective breeding for nothing but eggs and not eating much, so it's no wonder her reproductive system is not great. And she's 2, which is quite old for that type of chicken. If she were a human, she'd be almost post-menopausal.

Her attitude is bright and strong, so I'm assuming there's not much else wrong with her.

Anyway, here's another of Edie's eggs laying right where she dropped it, at the laundry door.

View attachment 3399092
Has Edie laid any eggs in a box yet?

Back
Top Bottom