MJ's little flock

So Dr Graham thinks it’s most likely she’s in the middle of a hard moult. He confirmed they were all pin feathers we could see, her breathing was clear, as was her throat, he made no comment on her abdomen and thought the poop picture wasn’t the worst he had seen. So if she’s able to free-range, hopefully she will pull through.
She will. Moulting is chicken business. She was born to moult and she will handle it just fine.

"Chicken Business" I like that. 👍
It's a funny term :D Imagine chickens in aprons running a shop
:gig

But seriously there are things chickens do that are completely natural for them, like swimming for fishes. Moulting. Brooding. These things scare us because they're not human business and because we hear the occasional horror story. So we worry and intervene when the chicken already knows how to handle it.

But seriously there are things chickens do that are completely natural for them, like swimming for fishes. Moulting. Brooding. These things scare us because they're not human business and because we hear the occasional horror story. So we worry and intervene when the chicken already knows how to handle it.
Very true.

Aurora may wish to use that. Unless you object.

This evening is Joyce's last clavulox injection and she's having a consult too. From her behaviour, which includes running everywhere and handing out punishments, I believe she's made a full recovery.

However her poops remain liquid which I hope is due to the antibiotics and not to the big lump in her abdomen blocking her gut. I haven't yet formed an opinion on the slowness of her crop but I'll try to do that today because it's a clue in the mystery of the liquid poops.

Either way, I'll commence a week of probiotics tomorrow, both in the water and in the dinner mashes.

This evening is Joyce's last clavulox injection and she's having a consult too. From her behaviour, which includes running everywhere and handing out punishments, I believe she's made a full recovery.

However her poops remain liquid which I hope is due to the antibiotics and not to the big lump in her abdomen blocking her gut. I haven't yet formed an opinion on the slowness of her crop but I'll try to do that today because it's a clue in the mystery of the liquid poops.

Either way, I'll commence a week of probiotics tomorrow, both in the water and in the dinner mashes.
Good luck to Joyce! I hope she knows what a lucky bird she is, to have you.

Back
Top Bottom