MJ's little flock

Lol, i would love to know how to make stairs using pallets!
I am a bit flat out right now, but if you are serious I could do you some sketches.
Making them isn't that hard. Making them beautiful might be beyond me. The point is to make horizontal treads that the chickens can stand on and jump up to the next.

I am a bit flat out right now, but if you are serious I could do you some sketches.
Making them isn't that hard. Making them beautiful might be beyond me. The point is to make horizontal treads that the chickens can stand on and jump up to the next.
I havnt seen her jump since the fox attack about 3 weeks ago. I know she can hop and it shocked me today to see her on the second porch step to the house. I cant rely on her being safe with stairs tho. Thanks Royalchick. Maybe pallets can make the railings for the ramp?! Gonna go with a longggg ramp i think. 🐓❤️

I havnt seen her jump since the fox attack about 3 weeks ago. I know she can hop and it shocked me today to see her on the second porch step to the house. I cant rely on her being safe with stairs tho. Thanks Royalchick. Maybe pallets can make the railings for the ramp?! Gonna go with a longggg ramp i think. 🐓❤️
Here is a picture of the stairs I have that they like.
The treads are set about 6” vertically above each other. The longshanks chicken (Bernie) often walks up and down them like a person would. The rest hop from one step to the next.
Hope that helps.
0F45706B-C06C-40D1-A9EF-CB3ED6327590.jpeg

Here is a picture of the stairs I have that they like.
The treads are set about 6” vertically above each other. The longshanks chicken (Bernie) often walks up and down them like a person would. The rest hop from one step to the next.
Hope that helps.
View attachment 3620358
Do you think a larger chicken requires a deeper tread and shallower rise? I'm thinking of Mary again.

Like a series of platforms?

Back
Top Bottom