MJ's little flock

I like the perspective in this shot of the hens going to roost last night.

View attachment 3742706
Fluffy butts ! Is this in the evening? If so, they are like mine, going to bed well before it gets dark.
And do they always roost facing the walls ?
After having used them for a while, how convenient do you find your boards to clean ?

It looks like you are alone on the beach šŸ„°. That is a wonderful start to a busy day.
As early as I went swimming in Nice, even in the more remote beach, I think this only happened to me once or twice, when the weather was really bad !
There were very few people :) maybe 12 in all that space you can see. Some of them were walking their dogs. I said good morning to a few who were walking in the opposite direction. Only one person was in the water.

The water was so clear and tranquil! And I find far horizons very soothing.

I want to go again tomorrow but I need to be home in case the veranda posts arrive. Maybe Saturday morning :D

Fluffy butts ! Is this in the evening? If so, they are like mine, going to bed well before it gets dark.
And do they always roost facing the walls ?
After having used them for a while, how convenient do you find your boards to clean ?
Yes, that's the evening. It was dusk and a slightly longer exposure than usual.

Katie always faces inwards and Edie sits on the floor, between the perch and the side wall, facing the back wall which is maybe 50cm away from her beak. I think the others mostly prefer facing the wall, except Ivy who likes to switch it around.

The whole roost box is so easy to clean! The floor panels lift out and I hang them up on the washing line for cleaning. I take the perches out, then spray the walls, ramp, and beams down with the hose and then I scrub any stains off with a stiff brush. The perches get the boiling water treatment in case of mites. The floor panels and perches get left in the full sun to dry and it all gets put back together late afternoon.

However, there's a problem. My brother insisted on reusing materials found in the shed and two of the floor panels are perishing already. So they'll have to be replaced with marine grade ply, like the rest of the roosting box.

I made another Saturday morning video of the hens and it's packed with action! Unfortunately it's not packed with anything approaching skilled video making. My apologies.

I wanted to just delete it, but the hens did so many interesting things, I just couldn't.

I love the sass. So glad you shared it. ā¤ļø

Back
Top Bottom