MJ's little flock

Do you have an outside tap?
People in the Netherlands who find hand watering to much trouble often use ‘punched’ or soaker hoses for effective watering. 💦

You can dril small holes in a hose or buy so called soaker hoses for slow drip irrigation.
You can also get rather beautiful glass self watering globes
1708018091644.png

Or much cheaper and less attractively make your own.
1708018181078.png

Do you have an outside tap?
People in the Netherlands who find hand watering to much trouble often use ‘punched’ or soaker hoses for effective watering. 💦

You can dril small holes in a hose or buy so called soaker hoses for slow drip irrigation.
Thanks, yes, I use those too, but not across the driveway where the car can squash it and where it's unsightly. Running one under the driveway would have to wait until some unknown date in the future when I or someone else decides to dig up the driveway and lay a piece of hose under it. I'm not up for daily hand-watering - I'm trying to reduce labour at this time of life. Maybe wicking is the best option. Maybe not having the beds at all is the best option. I'm sure the eye will be drawn by veranda furniture once the project is finished.

Mary was almost skipping as she came off the nest this morning!

Ivy and Edie say "Yes, Mary you're an excellent broody, you sat there all night long! Amazing. You have earned a full day of playing with your friends and ignoring your nest until bedtime."

I had no idea chickens were so sarcastic 🤣

I should wait until the garden designer has had a chance to think about things too. I'm sure she'll have lots of fantastic ideas.
Yes, and maybe I can add a few ideas too.
  1. Plant cactuses 🌵 instead of lush flowering plants 🪴.
  2. Ask a plumber to add an extra tap 🚰 from the house to the flower beds.

Back
Top Bottom