Mobile coop for spoiled WA chickens

WAHappyPeckers

Hatching
May 3, 2015
About six weeks ago, my husband and I brought home four little fuzzy "cheep-cheeps", quickly set up a small area in the guest room & we're having fun watching them grow... But being complete newbies to all things chicken we were not quite prepared for HOW FAST they grow & pretty soon I was spending hours on BYC searching through everyone's coops/tractors trying to combine ideas from multiple people... Finally, after 4 weekends (& I do mean Friday evening through Sunday night) multiple trips to Home Depot, a few minor injuries :) the coop is finally finished. We live in WA & needed it to be warm for the winters & wanted it to be mobile to move around the yard and sturdy enough to withstand all the rain we get here. Here's the final product:

Back view:

PVC pipe feeder- used three 2" PVC pipe sections with elbows & drilled large holes along the bottom & just attached it to the coop with zip-ties.

The run door, secured with sliding latch& the pocket coop door that's on a pulley system & accessed outside the coop. You can also see the dust bath/box too.

Coop sign I painted on the the coop access door. :)

All of the windows and access doors, as well as the floor, walls & roof are all two pieces of 1/4" plywood with foam insulation sandwiched in between:

inside of coop- the floor &
Nesting boxes are covered in linoleum. The boxes are blocked right now because they are too young to lay & so they won't start sleeping in them

Nesting boxes:

Perches and "sunset" clouds on ceiling(ran out of grey paint) :)

Nesting box access from outside the coop:

Well there it is! Let me know what you think!

Back
Top Bottom