Modern Bantams anyone?

I was so excited to see this thread. I have a grand daughter who wants these to show. Makayla is 5 and she's a chicken nut like grandma.

Anyway I came in to find something show worthy and then saw the last few posts.

So they're really noisy huh?

Quote:
Mine arent especially noisy unless you havent fed them that day...they do talk to you though when you come out by them..

Quote:
Mine arent especially noisy unless you havent fed them that day...they do talk to you though when you come out by them..

OK I have birds that do that so I can handle that.

I've tried at been able to grab one up at any of the shows here. The get snatched up before I can locate the sellers. There are a lot of people in California though who have them, I just don't happen to know who they are, but I can find out I think.

Otherwise, who here sells hatching eggs? If I can afford them I can hatch them.

Quote:

I've tried at been able to grab one up at any of the shows here. The get snatched up before I can locate the sellers. There are a lot of people in California though who have them, I just don't happen to know who they are, but I can find out I think.

I'm interested in hatching eggs too, Im willing to wait a while. Does anyone have any? SQ or PQ?

Quote:

I'm interested in hatching eggs too, Im willing to wait a while. Does anyone have any? SQ or PQ?

I should have some hatching eggs in a few weeks, I have good quality breeders in birchen and brown red...once i get a fair number hatched out I will sell some eggs

Does anyone have any Standard Size Modern Games Or know anyone that does ???

PM Details Thanks
smile.png

I may have some hatching eggs next week if the hens don't hide their nest again. I have a Brown Red roo over Brown Red, Lemon Blue and Splash hens. The BR x Splash cross produces Lemon Blue. They are show/breeder quality.

Someone at the show this weekend in Little Rock had large Moderns. IMO they were really ugly! I'll try to find out who it was.

Quote:
Large Moderns are not that common, they aren't rare but good ones are. I had them for a couple of years but sold all mine to Charles and Bonnie Campbell in Abilene. They showed them at La Grange in March and had Champion Large Fowl.
As far as I know they are the only ones in Texas that has them.

For what would be real good ones I would contact James Miller in Missouri. He won't sell eggs but he will sell birds.

I know one guy in oklahoma that has standard moderns, cant say whether they are any good but I know he likes to show and I cant see him feedin sorry birds...

Back
Top Bottom