Modern Game Bantam Coop Ideas

elguache123

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 11, 2010
Hockley
Alright so i think i might get some Moderns this year and i was wondering if yall had any ideas of what kind of coop/pen i should make.
smile.png

Well, what state are you in? How's the climate? We have 8 little Modern Game bantams. They are various colors. Anyhow, we have them in a 6x6 A-frame style coop. Right now, it's really cold here in Ohio, so we have the coop wrapped up with blue tarps, and we have a red heat lamp in the coop, and a white one outside. (Otherwise they just shiver alot!)

I guess, it just depends on how many of the bantams you want to keep. They seem to like to roost up high at night. As high as they can get.

well i live in texas which has really crazy weather but the lowest it gets is probably 30 degrees f. Im thinking of getting just a little trio for now.

Games and bantams like to roost high. We have 2 oeg bantam hens, 1 bbroeg bantam hen, 1 ee bantam roo, 2 american game hens, 1 american grey game hen, and a bared rock pullet who was born with one of the oeg hens that thinks its a game hen.

Make high roosts. And it depends how many you want. Chicken math is crazy,chicken maddness is a virus here.

Back
Top Bottom