Modern game bantams...

Pics
I too live in upstate NY where below zero temperatures are not uncommon. I've raised Modern Game Bantams for years w/o problems. People assume that with their small size & close feathering they won't do well in the cold but they're a winter-hardy as any breed I've ever raised.

Chris you are correct high stationed is the "correct" term for it.
smile.png

I have one splash modern in my bator ( along with 23 lav orp) keeping my fingers crossed it hatches! I gave my splash pair to my daughter for her first (cloverbud) 4H/showmanship project.

I have one splash modern in my bator ( along with 23 lav orp) keeping my fingers crossed it hatches! I gave my splash pair to my daughter for her first (cloverbud) 4H/showmanship project.

saddly, the one modern chick gave up about halfway through. BUT, I have 6 more going in the bator this weekend! Bbirchen and splash.

I have managed to hatch 8 little Moderns so far this year! I'm excited because I wasn't getting any there for awhile. I'll have to get some pics.

I am in Fairfield, CA and am interested in purchasing 12+ modern game hatching eggs.
I'd much prefer to pick them up rather than trust the mail - I could go as far as North Sac or Santa Rosa or San Jose or Stockton.
Does anyone have any available & at what price?
I am not interesting in showing - just love the looks and want to add to my motley flock.
Thank you!

- Lisa

Back
Top Bottom