Molt=lathargic hens?

Thanks for posting this!!!! My girls (and me!) are going through our first major molt and my Partridge Rock is losing feathers fast and furious. She stopped laying about a week ago and this morning started acting lethargic and like she felt sick....standing off in a corner of the coop by herself...pale comb and wattles as well.

I was SO relieved to read on this thread that it sounds like this can be considered somewhat "normal" for some birds. I feel so bad for her though!

I'm going to try the tuna-layer feed-egg yolk combo mentioned above and see if that perks her up. Anybody have any sodium worries about giving 2oz of canned tuna in one feeding?

Thanks again!

Gotcha, Suebee...Thanks!!!
smile.png

My white crested black polish girl is molting and has become a little less friendly, she doesn't want me to hold her and she avoids the others as well. I noticed they had picked out all her new pin feathers from the center of her head, so I put some blue kote on her head and she has the most rockin purple and white feathers now. The outer layers are white, the center turned purple and it's really kind of pretty.

tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom