Molt?

SemperChicken

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 5, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I want to say one of our hens, an EE, is molting but I'm not sure. This will be the first winter with them all. Our Wyandotte and EE have stopped laying and there's an increase of loose feathers from the EE, but she doesn't look like she's lost feathers. Do they normally molt to a point where it looks like the pics in the "Molt Pic" thread? Our Cochin Bantam has been faithful so far as she's been laying still, even in this freezing weather.

Sorry if this has been asked already... Just making a quick post on my phone.

Thanks everyone!

I want to say one of our hens, an EE, is molting but I'm not sure. This will be the first winter with them all. Our Wyandotte and EE have stopped laying and there's an increase of loose feathers from the EE, but she doesn't look like she's lost feathers. Do they normally molt to a point where it looks like the pics in the "Molt Pic" thread? Our Cochin Bantam has been faithful so far as she's been laying still, even in this freezing weather.

Sorry if this has been asked already... Just making a quick post on my phone.

Thanks everyone!
Many hens just shed some feathers while molting, without going into a hard molt. No need to worry, its just a lighter, less ugly molt. :)

Back
Top Bottom