Molting and Egg bound

Be careful not to accidentally squeeze her crop, which can make her vomit. How does her crop feel
Be careful not to accidentally squeeze her crop, which can make her vomit. How does her crop feel?
her crop feels normal!! i was trying to get her to let me feel her butt again to be sure and i think i def accidently squeezed her!! we set up an indoor roosting system .. and now she’s warm and sleeping!! i’ll keep you all
updated in the morning!! thank you so much for all the help ♡

Sounds like she's feeling poorly due to molt, but it won't hurt to give her the extra calcium for a couple of days just in case she's having trouble with an egg, but if you think you were feeling the pelvic bones instead of an egg, that's probably a good thing too.

Get photos of what she looks like in the morning and of her poop.

Sounds like she's feeling poorly due to molt, but it won't hurt to give her the extra calcium for a couple of days just in case she's having trouble with an egg, but if you think you were feeling the pelvic bones instead of an egg, that's probably a good thing too.

Get photos of what she looks like in the morning and of her poop.
Good Morning!! Darla is much perkier today but no change in her poop!! pictures attached .. i feel so bad for her

Attachments

• 718C3B74-506A-4AD2-BF3F-80C061A264AC.jpeg
    718C3B74-506A-4AD2-BF3F-80C061A264AC.jpeg
    405.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 4807AB8F-E6AC-4A0D-A646-117B5799809A.jpeg
    4807AB8F-E6AC-4A0D-A646-117B5799809A.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 5
  • D286C065-204B-4858-A778-E975D8193B0C.jpeg
    D286C065-204B-4858-A778-E975D8193B0C.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 5
Could she have gotten some of the Epsom salts water into her beak? That can cause more diarrhea. I would be cautious about letting her run around the house with diarrhea. You don’t want yourself or your family to get sick. As long as she is eating and drinking, and energetic, she is probably fine. For one day only I would offer a small amount of cooked rice with some buttermilk or plain yogurt to see if it stops it.

Could she have gotten some of the Epsom salts water into her beak? That can cause more diarrhea. I would be cautious about letting her run around the house with diarrhea. You don’t want yourself or your family to get sick. As long as she is eating and drinking, and energetic, she is probably fine. For one day only I would offer a small amount of cooked rice with some buttermilk or plain yogurt to see if it stops it
Could she have gotten some of the Epsom salts water into her beak? That can cause more diarrhea. I would be cautious about letting her run around the house with diarrhea. You don’t want yourself or your family to get sick. As long as she is eating and drinking, and energetic, she is probably fine. For one day only I would offer a small amount of cooked rice with some buttermilk or plain yogurt to see if it stops it.
it’s definitely possible she got the epsom salt in her mouth .. she’s a bit wild and i wouldn’t be surprised if she tried to drink it lol .. she’s going soo much .. i can hear it shoot out from the other room!! she’s drinking lots of water too i’m sure all the pooping is making her feel dehydrated. i have the rice cooking on the stove as i type this! do you think i should keep her inside or let her back out with the rest of the girls? at what point would she need a vet?

Since being separated could result in her being picked on, I usually recommend keeping chickens in the coop or around the other chickens to maintain the pecking order. You could feed her the rice mixture and then let her out. If she roosts with the others, you could place some paper towel or cardboard under her spot on the roost to see what her droppings look like in the am.

Since being separated could result in her being picked on, I usually recommend keeping chickens in the coop or around the other chickens to maintain the pecking order. You could feed her the rice mixture and then let her out. If she roosts with the others, you could place some paper towel or cardboard under her spot on the roost to see what her droppings look like in the am.
She’s is close to the bottom of the pecking order if not the last one .. she will gladly steel food and run for her life though lol .. she does seem to follow my two leghorns around (top of the pecking order) and so whatver they do .. it’s very cute!! we call her a punk rocker bc she always looks like she has a rough night her whole life but always spunky and happy!! she had her rice and yogurt and is out with the flock .. her last poop looked like it had more substance and a tiny solid piece came out so fingers crossed .. i will keep and eye on her all day and check back with you all!! i can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help and give advice ♡

She’s is close to the bottom of the pecking order if not the last one .. she will gladly steel food and run for her life though lol .. she does seem to follow my two leghorns around (top of the pecking order) and so whatver they do .. it’s very cute!! we call her a punk rocker bc she always looks like she has a rough night her whole life but always spunky and happy!! she had her rice and yogurt and is out with the flock .. her last poop looked like it had more substance and a tiny solid piece came out so fingers crossed .. i will keep and eye on her all day and check back with you all!! i can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help and give advice ♡
Update on Darla!! No Diarrhea under the roost where she slept!! The rice and yogurt did what is was intended to do!! She looks great other than the feather loss from her molt .. i’m soo happy she’s doing better .. thank you again to everyone who took the time to give their advice and help!! This app is literally a must for chicken owners ♡

Back
Top Bottom