thiggins

Chirping
Mar 28, 2017
Texas
My momma hen left her broody box which has a dozen eggs - she’s been sitting on them for a little over a week. They are stone cold. She sat in a nesting box instead on new eggs.
Is it too late for the other eggs? Help!??
I put her back on the “old” eggs with the new (warm) eggs which I marked with a different color marker.

It’s her 3rd time being a momma hen. She is in her own spot. Problem is I have a “special” chicken which is always in there with her and even on top of her. This chicken is was attacked by a hawk last year and has been a little “off” ever since. No longer lays eggs but pretends to be broody and will probably end up being a surrogate mom once the babies come.

I have moved momma back onto the eggs. Fingers crossed I guess.

It’s her 3rd time being a momma hen. She is in her own spot. Problem is I have a “special” chicken which is always in there with her and even on top of her. This chicken is was attacked by a hawk last year and has been a little “off” ever since. No longer lays eggs but pretends to be broody and will probably end up being a surrogate mom once the babies come.

I have moved momma back onto the eggs. Fingers crossed I guess.
You could candle them to see if there are any movements? If it's a little over a week, you can see the little embryo squirm around.

Back
Top Bottom