Momma Moe and "our" 1st baby!!

That's cute!
love.gif

If the hen is acting agressive twards the chick and is pecking at it you should probably remove it to a brooder in the house. And if you have an incubator you should probably plug it in and if the hen is still acting weird take the eggs and put them in the bator.
smile.png

Yes I have an incubator. The same people who gave me the chickens gave me their Still Air Hova Bator(I think). I had to use it back in July and the chicken didn't make it out of the egg after pipping! I don't know if it was because the plugs are missing or what. I asked the old owner about the incubator, they have never had good luck with chickens in it! I am wondering if I should invest in a hydrometer!?!? I'll go ahead plug it in and have it just in case I need it!

She has calmed down a bit! They chick is laying under her and she seems to to be so irritated by it! I put a fan about four feet away from her on low, seeing how it is 105 here today and I have also left her alone! I figure she was just hot, tired, stressed and irritable! I am going to keep catching on her but near a frequent!! If need be I'll remove the chick and the eggs! But with it being "our" first I am going to give "us" a chance! But have learned from the June obstacle to listen to my gut!

Thanks guys! If you have any tips on incubating let me know!! I need them!!

Just Keep a Close Eye on her.
wink.png

The temp needs to be around 99.5 or something like that. The hum? No idea, I have a home-made bator.
If you know what day the eggs were layed then you might mark the date on them, and stop turning them 3 days before they hatch. Day 18.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom