kassy68

Songster
14 Years
May 10, 2009
Vassar , Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Hi.
I got my first 4 hens May 18th at a year old. I took some eggs from them June 5 and 6th to try in my new Free bator... I didn't think any would still be fertile from the previous home with roos.. but 3 of the 10 were. My first hatch was a day early and the first chick to hatch is from an Araucana EE and I'm assuming daddy is the barred rock rooster i saw there since chick is black with cream spot on her/his head. Mom to the second hatch in question is a Rhode Island Red (95% sure, 5% could be buff orp mom) but they all lay a certain look to their eggs...

To get to the point.. I saw a barred rock roo, a black australorp (or some big black bird) and no other. My little chick was born with the strawberry blonde to red fuzz and feathered legs.. she has the pretty eyeliner mark by her eyes and she has racing stripes down her back.. Her wing feather are coming in black and gold it looks like right now..
100_1449.jpg

Can these legs skip a generation.
100_1450.jpg

100_1465.jpg
Already trying to eat my flowers and drink my coffee.

Free bator Kass? Weeeeeel if I got a free bator, I might just go back on my word to only let the broodies hatch my babies!
lol.png

Congrats! What a cutie!!!

Back
Top Bottom