Monitor Coop almost done! Ventilation Question

THIS is what I wanna do come spring so that the large door on front and back of coop can be completely open - a door in a door. But due to time restraints gonna have to wait.
NOT my pics NOR my coop..just pic of door in a door with hardware cloth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-030721_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-030721_Instagram.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20211205-030639_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-030639_Instagram.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 3
@rosemarythyme @3KillerBs @aart
Do yall think there is enough ventilation for the eight 4 week olds silkies?

Best math I can do before my second cup of coffee puts the upper-level venting at just about 4 square feet -- right in the most optimal position for removing ammonia and moisture.

It looks very good on paper. You can keep and eye on your conditions and adjust as needed over time.

Best math I can do before my second cup of coffee puts the upper-level venting at just about 4 square feet -- right in the most optimal position for removing ammonia and moisture.

It looks very good on paper. You can keep and eye on your conditions and adjust as needed over time.
Ok thank u!!! I hadn't moved em just yet.
I'll put the temp/humidity gauge in there today to get a better feel for what it is inside.

Ok thank u!!! I hadn't moved em just yet.
I'll put the temp/humidity gauge in there today to get a better feel for what it is inside.
That should give you the most accurate answer as to if what you have works for ventilation.

My guess is you should be good to get through winter, and when weather improves you can look into adding more ventilation. Like I'd see if it was possible to maybe top hinge the panel you put over the triangle up top, so you can take advantage of the ventilation you had there, while still keeping some weather protection.

That should give you the most accurate answer as to if what you have works for ventilation.

My guess is you should be good to get through winter, and when weather improves you can look into adding more ventilation. Like I'd see if it was possible to maybe top hinge the panel you put over the triangle up top, so you can take advantage of the ventilation you had there, while still keeping some weather protection.
Oh I like this idea! Will definitely make note of this before spring when modifications are made. Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom