Montana

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Chicken Woman, Oct 25, 2008.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana

2. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I'm back again!

Been so blasted busy between work, milk cow, 4-H, harvest and fires not sure which way I was going other then insane!! LOL!
    Decided to take a break today (Day off from work) turned the calves loose on my milk cow. Going to go out and check our herd; got the harvest rained out by a huge storm that finally passed at 2:30am this morning.

Going to help DD get her 4-H books done today too. Catch up on laundry, I hope! Try and get the house cleaned, yeah right! Nice fantasy though! LOL!

Trying to catch up what is happening here.

3. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Ranching is very hard work, I could not do what you all do, I commend you for your dedication and hard work!

4. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Thinking of quiting the town job. Might after a year or so. Just want to get our house done.

I keep looking at all the work that needs to be done around here and it is driving me crazy.

5. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    You have a job in town to? Oh man your swamped, I'm so sorry you are working so hard, I do hope you can get a break soon! Hugs to you girl!

6. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Fair starts tomorrow and DD is in 4-H. Going to go crazy for a few days, hope everything works out.

Boy talk about WINDY!
    Went to help DH and DS bring the trucks home from the field tonight. I went to open the door to get out of the truck and the wind caught the door and literaly pulled me out of the truck.
    Pulled both shoulders and wrenched my back. Cannot believe I landed on my feet!

On a crazy note I have had a RIR hen hatch out a chick in one of my sheds. She still has a few more eggs under her but not sure they are going to hatch. Need to put her in a different shed to protect her and the chick from the predators. Got the perfect one too.

7. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I love the fair, ours in butte stinks. Literally. No carnival, nothing much to do. Not
    Ike the old days fair. Wish I could get down your way and see the fair. Good luck
    It's windy here to all of a sudden, it just ht us, and it's throwing my trampoline around out there. Sorry both your shoulders and back, hope you recoup fast!
    I'm still tickled pink I got the prettiest green egg today, my pullets are starting to lay and the little green egg was such a surprise. I can not wait to see the next one. Or the one from my coco who I am told is a copper maran.
    How sweet your girl had a chick, I hope the other eggs hatch. Seems all my girls wanted to go broody there for a while, what a pain, one egg a day lol, today we got 5 and I was thrilled ! Soon I hope to be getting eggs from all my girls !

8. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Our fair pretty much stinks too. No rides either and very little to do except watch the 4-H kids show their animals.
    Have pig wrestling. First year it was free, but then the fair board better known as the dictatorship saw it as a money making deal and started charging people.
    What ticked me off was the second year everyone went in to watch and to bid on the different teams after that was over they kicked everyone out of the grandstands and you had to buy a ticket to get back in. I've never gone back.
    The rodeo is one night then the deom derby.

Saw my chiropractor today. Boy did he crack me all up and down my back today. Feel much better!

9. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    i figured you would feel that fall hon, Im hoping your better fast ! sounds like our fair, to charge us for crap. I do not go, its a waste of 20 dollars to see nothing. we used to in the old days have a carnival, and a fair. in fact I remember when I was a kid seeing freak shows and all kinds of shows LOL. miss the good old days when it was worth going to the county fair. it was nice having a break from the hot weather, to soon we get winter, not looking forward to that ! but a day or two of cool down sure does a body good.
    my chickens got into my tomatoe garden, took down many of my plants with almost fully grown tomatoes. what a feast they had lol. darn girls even ate all my strawberrry plants. ugh

10. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Our fair is over with for this year. DD got Grand Champion in Dairy and Showmanship in Dairy too. Pretty much nothing happening there. I got cut loose early. Normally I help with the tear down but they were going to wait. I had been stocking the water buckets with ice and bottled water and picking up empty bottles during the auction. Also helped DD clean her pen and helped another 4-H'r clean out theirs. Cleaned another pen that was just left.
    Gotta work tomorrow too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by