Montana

If you do a search in the forum I'm sure you'll come up with a thread dedicated to Cackle Hatchery. I remember seeing threads for various hatcheries at one time. Everyone was rating the hatcheries. Just remember, hatcheries are dealing with some delicate creatures. Stuff happens and it's not always a happy ever after situation. There will be good and bad things said about every hatchery.

I have heard that the stores that carry chicks in the spring will sometimes take special orders. Bantambird has a good suggestion in checking Craigslist. You may not get all the breeds you want, but they will be local birds that haven't been traumatized by a trip through the mail. I sold some pullets last spring that had just started to lay via Craigslist.

Hello! I’m in Bozeman! I don’t have any chickens yet but I’m about to place my first order! I’d like 6-10 pullets and I want to try out a few different breeds (Easter Eggers, Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, and Barred Rock). I’m worried about ordering from a far away hatchery. Are there any hatcheries near Montana that might ship day old chicks in the spring?

Any suggestions would be great!

I was not able to find a hatchery near by. I ordered 8 bantam pullets from My Pet Chicken. I got them last June. They arrived in great shape and the customer service was awesome! I have another order that will be arriving in April. Chickens are addicting! Have fun!

Hello! I’m in Bozeman! I don’t have any chickens yet but I’m about to place my first order! I’d like 6-10 pullets and I want to try out a few different breeds (Easter Eggers, Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, and Barred Rock). I’m worried about ordering from a far away hatchery. Are there any hatcheries near Montana that might ship day old chicks in the spring?

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks for the advice! I was looking into Cackle Hatchery as an alternative to getting chicks from a Montana Farm. Has anyone used them before? Also, I know Murdoch’s carries baby chicks but I don’t know if they carry sexed chicks. Does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks!
Thanks for the advice! I was looking into Cackle Hatchery as an alternative to getting chicks from a Montana Farm. Has anyone used them before? Also, I know Murdoch’s carries baby chicks but I don’t know if they carry sexed chicks. Does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I have gotten chicks from both Cackle and Murdochs (here in Hamilton) both places have done me well. ;)

Thanks!
Yes, Murdoch's carries sexed chicks. The last couple years they've been using Murray McMurray for their supplier. I got the feeling they weren't happy with one or two of the shipments and might change suppliers. Even then, Murdoch's should still have sexed chicks. You might want to talk to someone at the store. They might put in a special order for you when they do their own orders.

Back
Top Bottom