Montana

In Kalispell, looking for a couple more hens
1f413.png
1f413.png
anyone needing to thin the flock???
hi im notlooking to give away any chickens but I am after some advice. I have some pols who have settled in well. The problem is they keep sleeping in the nest boxes and not on the perches, they all used to but now they dont, it would be nice if you could help or give my any ideas how to get them back on there perches

Hello from Florence!! We just started our adventures with chickens this year and got our chicks at Easter (one was even dyed green - turned out to be a Light Brahma rooster!!). Love BYC - anytime DH or I have a question, I seem to be able to find a multitude of great information here.

Cheers!
Susan

Hello from Florence!! We just started our adventures with chickens this year and got our chicks at Easter (one was even dyed green - turned out to be a Light Brahma rooster!!). Love BYC - anytime DH or I have a question, I seem to be able to find a multitude of great information here. Cheers! Susan
Welcome! I really like your coop :)

hi im notlooking to give away any chickens but I am after some advice. I have some pols who have settled in well. The problem is they keep sleeping in the nest boxes and not on the perches, they all used to but now they dont, it would be nice if you could help or give my any ideas how to get them back on there perches
Are they laying yet? If not, I'd close off the nest boxes for now.

Another boy! His name is Sam:) He's wonderful! And Ty is a proud big brother! Winter was hard here, many -20* nights, many records set. Sam was born on the coldest night, -23* in our normally quite temperate valley. Home birth, just over 2 hours labor, I think we're done with babies, I don't want an unattended birth! It was close this time, but hubby and midwife made it in time! My poor roosters have no points on their combs anymore, Had a few surprise cold snaps- my bad! Everyone's good otherwise :) We are down to just the yaks, dogs, a bunny, a kitten, and the poultry. Had to simplify a bit! I have two quite-pregnant yaks, just waiting for the calves to drop... Had one drop in December during a cold snap, didn't make it :( Have better hopes for these ones now that it's warmer. Here are the new chicks, just the first batch of Spring :) Got them free w/ purchase of feed!
Sam is adorable I just had my 5th last week my eldest are twins and 13 big help

Hello from Miles City. We're new to Eastern Montana, originally from Missoula. We have our new coop and run up and going and have our 6 pullets integrated with our 2 flemish giant rabbits (they seem to get along quite well)

We currently have:
  • 3 Americana Hens (laying 1-2 years old now and housed separate from the pullets)
  • 1 Welsummer pullet (6 weeks)
  • 1 Dominique pullet (6 weeks)
  • 1 Exchequer pullet (6 weeks)
  • 1 White Plymouth Rock pullet (6 weeks)
  • 1 Black Jersey Giant pullet (6 weeks)
  • 1 Buff Orpington pullet (6 weeks)

We also have 4 CaliforniaX meat rabbits (in their own hutch) and two Flemish Giants (have their own hutch, but share the run with the chicks)

In the photos below, the smaller CaliforniaX's are in with the pullets, but we switched them out new for the big guys.

Just to let you all know, we have a real nice group of montanans on facebook called montana/wyoming buy sell trade. Its a nice group of folks ,chit chat news etc.

Now on to the wonderful news

Im so excited! To all of you who have wanted scratch and peck feed, all organic feed and supplements, Bridger feeds is gong to Be our local carrier of it all! Bridger feeds is located in Bozeman mt and when i was searching for good feed and not having to wait for the azure standard truck all the time and only once a month i contacted Bridger feeds and they contacted scratch and peck to be a dealer for there feed, and kelp, and oyster shell and anything you may need. This makes me absolutely thrilled! Please, contact them if you also want to get this feed so they know how much to order and what your needs will be. Its nice to deal with a company that will go the mile to help us get what we need. I am thrilled Bridger feeds is that company scratch and peck is the best feed your money can buy, all organic non gmo feed! Here is the web site where you can see what they have... And you can get it as high as 20% protein, or as low as 16% . I have used this for years, but getting has been super hard, and costly. And when i can get it, i have to wait for azure standard to deliver once a month and if i forgot the cut off i missed out.
I know many of you wanted it, and want truly organic and healthy feed for your girls so here it is! http://www.scratchandpeck.com/shop/

They also carry for goats ,turkey and other animals :)

Back
Top Bottom