Montana

The Rocky Mountain Poultry Association is having it's annual Spring Fling in Missoula this year. The date is May 2, at the Missoula Fairgrounds.

"There will be a variety of show quality chicks and waterfowl for sale. Additional show quality breeds of our chicks/ poults will be donated by our Rocky Mountain Poultry Association members.
Don't miss this chance to improve your flock! $4.00 each"

If you would like to enter the show, I can forward you the entry form. Just send me a private message. :)

Last edited:
That sounds great, glad I picked up a Brahma! My little boy spotted the culprit that has been preying on our free range hens three days ago - a red fox. It was standing outside our chicken run about 7:30 in the morning, licking its chops! I took three shots at it with a .22 mag revolver but it was running fast and I missed. The chickens are not free range anymore, those 7 surviving hens spend their days in the pen. They gave us 5 eggs today. The RIR the fox last took was a very sweet hen. Needless to say, we are locked and loaded now!

That sounds great, glad I picked up a Brahma! My little boy spotted the culprit that has been preying on our free range hens three days ago - a red fox. It was standing outside our chicken run about 7:30 in the morning, licking its chops! I took three shots at it with a .22 mag revolver but it was running fast and I missed. The chickens are not free range anymore, those 7 surviving hens spend their days in the pen. They gave us 5 eggs today. The RIR the fox last took was a very sweet hen. Needless to say, we are locked and loaded now!

A scoped Marlin Model 60 would serve you well. One well placed shot and you don't have to worry about taking any more shots.

Good Morning
I just moved back to Montana. Im in Sand Coulee. Im looking forward to coming back here to the forums and am excited about setting up so that I can get more chickens. I saw some baby geese at North 40 in Great Falls and that has me thinking geese as well.

Good Morning
I just moved back to Montana. Im in Sand Coulee. Im looking forward to coming back here to the forums and am excited about setting up so that I can get more chickens. I saw some baby geese at North 40 in Great Falls and that has me thinking geese as well.

Welcome back!

Anyone raising swedish flower hens? What do you think of them? I have two very different looking swede chicks and am looking forward to seeing what they mature into.

Back
Top Bottom