Montana

That's nice I am a new new newbie with 4 RIR's and 7 little banties. Iv'e had them since March and am just in love with Them !!! Do you use DE ? If so are you able to get it locally ? Where do you get your chicks from ?
lol.png
roll.png
Nice to meet you! I bought my DE from Azure Standard. They deliver. I think you can also buy it at some plant nurseries.

Anyone in the billings area (or further but willing to drive), would you be interested in a poultry swap? I'm going through the steps to try and set one up for in May and want to make sure I'm not the only one interested, lol

Anyone in the billings area (or further but willing to drive), would you be interested in a poultry swap? I'm going through the steps to try and set one up for in May and want to make sure I'm not the only one interested, lol
I sell them from my little hatchery in Lockwood through Craigslist and my website, but I can't swap any birds because of my NPIP status.

Well it's not really a swap like that Christmas game. It's more a place to bring birds to sell you're getting rid of
If there was a place to bring birds for sale, I would consider it, only question is about biosecurity. My veterinarian would freak if there's too many vectors! But making it more convenient for people to find me would be nice.

This year I bred about 300 chickens and turkeys, sold about 150-200 ( need to go over my records for sure)
I have the space to expand where I am as long as I can build more breeding pens and growouts, but of course, it always comes down to capital, lol. I'm only allowed to spend money the farm makes on the farm, no household income diverted to support the farm outside of necessities, as per Dear Husband. Ah, well, I am doing good for all that.
Still, I have heard of swaps before, but don't know what they are.

Back
Top Bottom