Montana

Pics
I think Ravens are mostly scavengers but hawks would bother the chickens. We have a family of hawks that like to fly by and check out the coop, makes me nervous. We have chickenwire on the top of our run just to be safe.

That's what I was hoping but searching through this website I have read a lot of people say that their chickens have been killed by Ravens. I will try fishing line across the top of the yard, it's cheap enough and easy to do.

I really don't think that Ravens could kill a chicken. They don't have the right kind of beak or talons. If they were able to get a chick they would kill and eat something that small, but not a full size chicken. They will eat a dead chicken if they find one, that may be why people think that the raven killed the chicken. I think a cover on the run is a good idea, but if you free range in an uncovered area, I'd worry more about hawks.

How is everyone faring in this wind?

I lost my coop door, a 7 gal waterer is MIA and my geese are out.

hope the wind quits soon.

Still very windy here, my horses feed tubs have all taken off somewhere. Glad I hadn't started on the new coop yet, that would be gone to.

Our crop is finally in the ground. Brought the tractors home.
Now it can rain, that will drive the neighbors crazy because they are not done yet.

Found my waterer in the coulee and geese are back in their pen. Going to try to get the door fixed before the coyotes discover it is off.

Big blue skies, sun, and not a cloud in the sky.
cool.png
Loving it.

Back
Top Bottom