Montezuma quail...

I raise quail.
Presently I have nothing to sell for this season...it's pretty much over here in northern New Mexico.
I have 2 pair of breeder Montezumas...and 7 eggs in my incubator. First year for Montezumas.
I also keep 2 pair of Elegants. I have 4 pair of Mountains, with 28 eggs in the incubator.
All these Quail are kept on 1/2" hardware cloth, in 4'X8'X4' high pens, 4' off the ground.
I feed them all Mazuri feeds...and they do well.
I have lots of Gambel, Valley, and Blue Scale...all in seperate colonies, 1 cock to 3 hens ratio.
Usually all the quail receive greens, grapes, tomatoes,etc. daily.
I am also incubating Greater Prairie Chicken and Hungarian Partridge eggs this season.
Next year...hopefully...I will add a pair of Roul Roul Partridge to the collection.
I research a lot about the species I raise, on line. There are many differing ideas/opinions.
Take from all of these sources...but it is best to observe your birds behaviors and work with them.
I have raised, over many years, many birds, quail to emu. I've raised them in Vt, Mass, Pa, Wa. & now
New Mexico... which is proving to be the most challenging. We experience 0'F in the winter, beating sunshine,
drought, and horrific winds. So far, so good. I love it here...and hopefully my birds will flourish with me here.
Good Season to all...Zuni

Back
Top Bottom