Month old chick laying down a lot

jamayy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Hey all
I have 17 month old chicks with their mama and they are all doing really well and are getting bigger and stronger but there is one of the larger ones that is lying down quite a bit it's not like a sick lying down because he lies down and eats and drinks but any chance he gets he is lying down.
Could he be growing too quickly that his legs are hurting? They are easter eggers

Hey all
I have 17 month old chicks with their mama and they are all doing really well and are getting bigger and stronger but there is one of the larger ones that is lying down quite a bit it's not like a sick lying down because he lies down and eats and drinks but any chance he gets he is lying down.
Could he be growing too quickly that his legs are hurting? They are easter eggers

What are you putting tin the water ......

Have you been giving your chicks a hard boiled egg three times a week as there are lots of vitamins and minerals not to mention protein for strong mussels ..

Here are some of my EE chicks that hatched the first week of July and are 2 weeks old now and fully feathered and run all over the yard but get a hard boiled egg three times a week and ACV in the water for a boost .....

Ah ok no I don't do that but I will start tomorrow! Thanks for the advice
1f600.png
does it sound like a bone issue to you? He's still eating and drinking and is bright but every chance he gets he is lying down

Ah ok no I don't do that but I will start tomorrow! Thanks for the advice
1f600.png
does it sound like a bone issue to you? He's still eating and drinking and is bright but every chance he gets he is lying down

Bone issue no the mussels are not growing fast enough and you need to up the protein and he may also have a total lack of energy due to not enough vitamins and the egg has everything that little body needs so have all of them eat some and a minimum of one egg per 10 chicks ....

ACV, Probiotic, and Electrolyte in the water and bang they will get up and run for days .....

Back
Top Bottom