1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

more eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DragunzGirl, Oct 7, 2008.

1. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    Well i got 45 or so more chicken eggs today [​IMG] i bought them all for 8 bucks, not to bad. I dont know what all is good or any thing but we will find out in 21 days lol.

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Let us know what comes of that [​IMG] Good luck! Pretty cheap eggs [​IMG]

3. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Good luck on your hatch [​IMG]

4. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    Yep cheap eggs but they came from a good chicken coop. There are 2 roosters with lots of hens and the roosters do the job so that means i should get some babies out of these eggs. [​IMG] i'll keep you all updated.

5. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    Ok, well its day 10 and i looked at some of the eggs with my flashlight to just see how they were doing, well i saw alot of them are good for sure, some are duds for sure but i will look on day 14 to make 100% sure whats good or bad. On day 14 i'll toss out bad ones.

6. Bandana

Bandana Chillin' With My Peeps

What percentage do you think you have so far? Do you mark your eggs?

7. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    well i did not check all the eggs i just looked at some. the some i looked at were only 12 i saw so far 3 bad and 9 good out of that 12. This is out of 45 eggs [​IMG] so im going to recheck all of them Tuesday night and let you all know how many [​IMG]

I do mark so i marked the ones i thought were bad. If there the same way Tuesday there coming out.

8. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    Ok i could not help it lol i had to go look again and look at ALL of them lol, i see at moment at least 30 out of the 45 look good [​IMG]. I'll check Tuesday again.

9. DragunzGirl

Aug 9, 2008
    OK well i just did a check on each and every egg. I noticed when i opened the incubatore i had a bad smell so i knew i had some bad. I first did the sniff test and got rid of 3 BAD eggs. Than i went with my light and checked every one. I see 31 eggs with something moving in them. All the rest are in the trash now.

10. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    GL on those 31 Eggs! You'll be covered in baby chicks soon! Can't wait to see pics and what they will be! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by