More help sexing 9 week old chicks

This is ridiculous. I started out with six chicks and was told they were all female. I have since given two to a friend because we didn’t want that many, and one that turned out to be a rooster went to a sanctuary last weekend. We now have the remaining three, and I think TWO of them may be roosters. I posted about my buff Orpington a few days ago, but I added a couple more photos of him/her as they are better pictures that show the light pink comb. The only chick in the photos that I think is definitely a female is the black one. Please help. This is so ridiculous, and I’m a bit sad about it all at this point.
Yep, you got roos. That dark reddish one is definitely a roo.

Where did you get your chicks from? That’s crazy that so many of them are roosters! I’d say the buff Orpington is a rooster too, but that’s just based off comparing your’s to my buff Orpington pullet. Mine is a week younger, but her comb and wattles are considerably smaller.
my baby buffs also had a very tiny comb, but the roos had one from just a few weeks

I am not sure. The farm will not take them back. I’ve asked. It’s just so irritating, but I guess that’s just how the cookie crumbles for me. There is a sanctuary that I can bring them to, but she is at capacity, and I just don’t know if she will be able to take them before I absolutely must get rid of them. I wish there were more options for housing beautiful roosters. I would have purchased only pullets had I gotten better info up front.
Have you posted here on BYC on your state's thread? There is also a rehoming thread/forum. You may have some luck there if the sanctuary can't take them

Back
Top Bottom