more identifying for you all...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by herdofnoni, May 22, 2008.

1. herdofnoni

herdofnoni Out Of The Brooder

ok here are the other chicks we have.. i have no idea what they are.. we got them from my sons class and the teacher doesn't know either.. he got them from a local farm
    hatched out of brown eggs.
    here are the little darlins'
    [​IMG]

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I have no idea either but gosh they sure are CUTE

3. ORmom2four

ORmom2four Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    West Linn, Oregon
    Sorry, I'm new to chickens too so I can't identify them, but they are so cute! Especially the one looking up, posing for the camera.

Adorable!

4. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    the lighter colored ones look like some delaware chicks i got a few months ago. we have one that had almost the exact markings as the one with the black dots on her/his head. she's actually turned out to be the head of our pecking order!

delawares are a cross between barred rocks and new hampshires so the chicks also could be a mix of the two. and as adults they are also similar looking to bramas. just no feathered feet.

hope this helped.

5. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    OH!!! I know Exactly what those are! They are precious. That is what they are. [​IMG] How cool that your son's class hatched eggs! What a great learning experience. What grade is your son in?

6. herdofnoni

yes precious they are!! SO DERN CUTE!
    ANY WAY HERE ARE SOME NEWER PHOTOS..oops sorry yelling there..(.to lazy to go back and fix it)
    this is daisy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is Meme
    [​IMG]
    this is Popcorn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hereis a group shot of them at 1 week
    [​IMG]
    Caramel, popcorn, Meme ANd Daisy(left to right)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats, don't know what they are but they sure be very cute, like the names too. Best of luck:jumpy:yiipchick:weee:ya

8. herdofnoni

oh . i forgot .. my son is in grade 3 he is in a 3/4 split class. his teacher does tis experiment pretty much every year. gets eggs and opens on every few days to show the kids the developement(kinda distrubing yet cool to see) and then hatches the rest out . great eduacational learnign experience for them. such an awesome teacher . my son was tooo excited to get him , my elder daughter had him for 2 years in a row.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by