More new additions

I heard tsc gets their ducks from hoovers. If thats true hoovers does not have moscovy.
I just called mine they said their main hatchery is hoovers but they use several. Theres no doubt this duck is a muscovy the feet are split black and tan on both. Its choclate with the yellow around the neck. Theres no other duckling thats matching this.

I just called mine they said their main hatchery is hoovers but they use several. Theres no doubt this duck is a muscovy the feet are split black and tan on both. Its choclate with the yellow around the neck. Theres no other duckling thats matching this.
It could be a breed that has random markings like ancona (or moscovy). It could also not conform well to breed standard. If its moscovy you should see carunkel in a few weeks!

I found a old thread on here about it and it matched the pictures on that thread exactly. These pics are from a 2012 thread on here.
Screenshot_20210327-114055_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210327-114019_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210327-114010_Chrome.jpg
this is mine
16168635094342969587415067353519.jpg

It's possible it is muscovy, muscovy are the main ducks I have experience with and it's possible, but I definitely wouldn't put any money on it. If it is muscovy here is a few things you might need to know.
Muscovy are the only species of domestic duck that is not derived from the mallard duck, they are very quiet and do not quack like other ducks but rather hiss and coo. Male Muscovy are massive, I think the biggest ducks there are. They are generally from 12-20lbs, and the females are less than half of the size of the males, all my females are 5-6lbs. Since Muscovy speak a different language from mallard derived ducks, it is essential to have at least 1 more muscovy to be friends with. They eat kind of a lot, but they are very good for foraging and catching flies and mosquitos. The females are probably the broodiest ducks on the planet, so if you ever want ducklings they are great mothers. It takes about 20 weeks before muscovy are full grown. Also they really are just very friendly, I personally think they are the friendliest duck breed but others might disagree, they also don't lay very many eggs. It should be more easy to tell if it's for sure a muscovy or not in a few weeks, if not it's probably some hybrid duckling.

I'm hoping its not. I'm hoping it's just a mixed breed something that can stay with the others. If not imma have to find somebody with some or maybe sell this one off to someone looking for one.

I'm not a real fan of the warts on the face either. Only experience I have with them is park ducks that live off bread and crackers when I was little.

walked in tsc to get chick feed and they made me get these guys. Arms still healing from being twisted. I know 3 are either mallard or rouen I've seen both with same eye marks I dunno what the brown one with yellow ring on neck is. I'll have to look it up. View attachment 2586245View attachment 2586263
Congrats on the new babes!! That one looks like a blue swedish to me

Back
Top Bottom